VERO VR-N7500 installation

Sammy Gill

Jun 26, 2024, 4:26:37 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Customer support of Gigaparts says power supply is: 13.8V 12 A
Manufactyrer email says: 13.8V 20A
and Mannual says 12V DC

Those who have installed - please guide what I should buy for running this radio at home?

Marnoch Standen

Jun 26, 2024, 4:42:12 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sammy

All radios are designed to run at 13.8 volts to get full power output (TX) and if you drop to 12v there could be a slight drop in TX power.

13.8 is the voltage that most vehicles charge the battery at.

The DC power data is in the documents measured for each band and TX level.

I would get the largest power supply you can as you will always use it for whatever radio you have, so don’t penny pinch on a power supply J

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Message has been deleted

Sammy Gill

Jun 28, 2024, 3:38:43 AM (8 days ago) Jun 28
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing docs
So far I could understand ...
1.mannual is wrong its not 12V bit 13.8V
2. Still not clear about how many Amps ?
Please shed some light

Sammy Gill

Jun 28, 2024, 3:38:43 AM (8 days ago) Jun 28
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Just wanted to be sure ... 13.8V 30A ? right?
I saw attachment you sent where you tested with 30A
just want to sure before I put money on anything

Thanks for your help