BMH-7500 speaker mic must bs paired every time you turn it on?

KM6LYW Radio

Jan 15, 2023, 12:10:08 PM1/15/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
per subject, the simple bluetooth speakermic from vero must be re-paired with the radio every time you turn it on?  by design?  defective?

radio is in the trunk, is there a way to start pairing procedure without touching it?

i also have the less legal vero speakermic with the screen - works great!

Marnoch Standen

Jan 15, 2023, 1:46:50 PM1/15/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
All BT microphones must be connected via the app and NOT directly to the radio.

If it has been done direct do a simple radio reset.

Min Standen G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

KM6LYW Radio

Jan 15, 2023, 2:13:34 PM1/15/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
on closer inspection, it seems to be working.  i think the other speakermic was connected, or recently connected.  they must be mutually exclusive.

pairing speakermics directly with the radio isnt supported?  i honestly prefer this method.  i dont always have a phone. plus there is the additional lag.

i still cant turn the radio on, dieectly with the bmh7500, but the walkie talkie can, provided it wasnt turned off via the app.

Bryan

Jan 15, 2023, 2:16:46 PM1/15/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
You can also unpair the mic from the radio at the Device settings>Connections management.
For me, when it was directly connected to the radio, I didn't need to re-pair it over and over again.  The issue was that the bluetooth range wasn't very good.

Min, please see my last post from a couple of days ago.  When the mic is only paired to my phone only, I lose all the features of the BHM-78 mic.  Is this normal?

Thanks,
Bryan, KF1D

Marnoch Standen

Jan 15, 2023, 2:26:40 PM1/15/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
It has been found that distorted audio can occur if no connected via the app...

Min Standen G0JMS

Marnoch Standen

Jan 15, 2023, 2:29:05 PM1/15/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Delays in help are due to me trying to get over flu.

I'll get back to you asap after I have done my own testing.

Min Standen G0JMS

Steve Lively

Jan 15, 2023, 2:35:33 PM1/15/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
I've got to say that I pair my mic w/ display directly to the radio and it works great. I only pair the mic to the app when firmware updates are needed. I normally don't carry the phone or tablet with me or if I do I don't have the app running, so all control is through the mic.

One thing that would be nice is CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility so I can operate the radio from the built in screen in the car. Then I could use the mic just to for mic/speaker function.

Joe Shoemaker

May 7, 2024, 9:05:46 AMMay 7
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi Steve,

Great point with Apple CarPlay.  I am a noob here and was really hoping that functionality would be included. Do we have any word of that coming in future updates?

Joe
KE2DIG