VR-N7500 - harmonics test ?

Erik Gaudin

May 7, 2024, 3:33:04 AMMay 7
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
has the device been tested for harmonics ?

I tested multiple of my devices, most of them got the first harmonics under the -50 db, so way below the 43 dB (for under 25 watts transmitter) of separation between my fundamental and the 1st harmonics

But this VR-N7500 .. is 50 Watt VHF, and 40 Watt UHF .. so i assume 60 dB below the fundamental

I'm wondering if anyone will test that ? I didn't find any test results on the Internet or Youtube Channel. Only unboxing, functionality testing,..

Erik Gaudin

May 8, 2024, 1:09:05 AMMay 8
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I found this PDF by searching on the internet... After open it with my Adobe Pro :
  • Signature invalid (so don't know how they signed it)
  • It's avertised they test the VR-N7500 (Brand name VGC) in 2019
  • Most test displayed here are for 2.4 Ghz ... Hmm..
  • Find it here : https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/ZVMVR-N7500/4568258.pdf
  • If i click on "search / ID" on the site.. and go at te bottom.. i notice this sentence :  © 2024 FCC.report, This site is not affiliated with or endorsed by the FCC
  • It's stated it comply with FCC Part 15.247  (That is for that frequency band) .. so i asume it's bluetooth .. so we seem to be "compliant" with bluetooth !
  • They test 4.8 G .. and 7.3 G ..
  • But couldn't find it that document, anything regarding 2M and 70cm band testing...
About this FCC site :
  • Their SSL certificate used the "free" Let's Encrupt system. So they didn't use any commercial that required some validation (proof the enteprise exist)
  • This domain as been created in UK, in 1989...

So.. i think it's will be a good thing to test this device, if someone didn't already perform that test (could be usefull to know if it pass.. or not). I already purchase one full kit.. but if's it's created Spurious emission that doesn't comply with any FCC rules.. i wont be able to use it as a "base" station (it was my intend).. and i will probably convert it as a portable kit...

VR-N7500 FCC Report.pdf