HT app APRS supports reporting operating frequency via internet but not radio?

Konstantin Läufer

Feb 21, 2024, 3:27:48 PMFeb 21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi, I noticed some overlap as well as potential inconsistencies between the HT settings page and the APRS settings page:
  • APRS symbol: only on APRS settings page but applies to location sharing via both internet and radio
  • report operating frequency: only on APRS settings page but seems to apply only to location sharing via internet
  • report voltage: separate setting on each settings page
My main point is that sharing one's operating frequency would be highly useful when done via radio because that's when one is most likely to be listening on a repeater or national simplex frequency.

Ideally, this would be encoded in the beacon packets in such a way that it shows up in its own field as seen in the screenshot for the first station (my HG-UV98 handheld). I'm not sure if the HT app does this correctly but will report back after testing sharing via internet again.

Please let me know your thoughts, especially if I'm missing anything. Thanks,

Konstantin

Marnoch Standen

Feb 21, 2024, 4:53:17 PMFeb 21
to vero...@googlegroups.com
Yes I agree the layout of the settings is not good or well thought out and could be better.

The following of operating frequency is done in Kenwood radio and at present it's not within the app and would be a nice to have.

Yes the developer has been asked if these pages could be consolidated to 1 or 2 to make it easier..

Min G0JMS