Follow up - Feb. 11 - "The Economics of Solar Energy and Electric Vehicles."

Vernon County Energy Discussion

Feb 25, 2021, 12:53:43 PM2/25/21
to Vernon County Energy Discussion
Here are a few resources that were discussed in our Feb. 11th discussion. Please feel free to add more to this thread.

https://turo.com/ - A car sharing site modeled after Air BnB. You can select "electric" or "hybrid" under "Green Vehicles." A great way to try out a particular model before you buy!

https://afdc.energy.gov/calc/ - A calculator that allows you compare the cost of ownership of different vehicles over time. Spoiler alert!!! EVs can be cost competitive with gas vehicles, and the calculator doesn't even account for potential savings from on-site solar energy generation.

https://driveelectricus.com/ - The national Drive Electric organization. Lots of good info for those interested in electric and hybrid vehicles.

Recording of February's discussion. Enter passcode Y=u?7nK&

Stay tuned for info on our March discussion!