Come with us on an EV road trip! June 10

Vernon County Energy Discussion

Jun 2, 2021, 3:00:36 PM6/2/21
to Vernon County Energy Discussion

Come with us on an EV road trip!

What is it like to own an electric vehicle? We'll talk about range, chargers, and charging; on road trips and at home.

 This presentation will clear up much of the mystery around electric cars. When you understand the basics of EV ownership you’ll see how an EV can be your everyday car.

 Join Al Buss as he talks about what it's like owning and travelling with an electric car. With 5 years of EV ownership and over 85,000 EV miles, Al and his EV's have been around the block a few times.

 Mark your calendars - June 10 at 6:30PM on Zoom.

Please let us know if you have questions beforehand!

Outline

EV Road Trippin’

Range anxiety - will I make it to the next rest stop.

Range

Chargers, Connectors and Speeds

Finding Chargers - Plug share, Charge point, Tesla

Infrastructure, what types of chargers and where

What if there isn’t a charger? NEMA 1450 or trickle.

What affects range? Cold, wind, drag(ie - bike rack), speed

Some surprising benefits of stopping

Should you drive an EV?

The 90% rule

Connect the dots