Message Queued Increasing

Kedar Undale

Jul 28, 2021, 2:46:03 PM7/28/21
to vernemq-users
Observations :
On status page of verne cluster the number of Msg Queued keeps increasing
On inspecting further with the following command
./vmq-admin session show --client_id --offline_messages --topic --qos --statename --clean_session

clean_session | client_id        | offline_messages | qos | statename | topic|

|    false            |      CENSYS    |       0                        | 0      | offline        |    #    |

Found the above client which was not connected by me.
1. If the above client is offline then the msg queued keeps increasing
2. If the above client is online or not available in sessions or never connects to broker, then not facing this issue.

Questions
1. There are no offline_messages available for that client still increase in msg queued
2. The number of messages being queued are in billion

Any tip will be helpful on solving this or why it happens.

Please find the attached metrics and screenshot of the status page msg queued.

Thanks :)
msq_queue_metrics.odt