Mnesia is not included in VerneMQ?

Ugnius

Jul 27, 2021, 9:44:55 AM7/27/21
to vernemq-users

For a few days I am trying to develop custom script which includes mnesia module. I got stuck on the first step: mnesia is undefined in the VerneMQ environment.
VerneMQ is running in the docker container.
By starting erlang in container's terminal I can successfully start mnesia by writting: mnesia:create_schema([node()]).
The same function called in the VerneMQ hook is returned with error: "call to undefined function mnesia:create_schema".

I am not very familiar with erlang, and maybe there is something obvious and easily fixable? Thank you in advance.

P.S. I tried to write "mnesia" in .app.src under "applications" or "modules", but no luck.

André Fatton

Jul 27, 2021, 10:52:40 AM7/27/21
to vernemq-users
Hi,
a VerneMQ build usually includes its own Erlang runtime, including some core libs. To add Mnesia, you have to add it to the release:

As you've noticed, the official binary packages do not include Mnesia. There wasn't real demand for that from customers so far. For future releases, I'm not against adding Mnesia, as it's actually not a bad idea to use it in plugins.
Hope this helps,
Best,
André