VerneMQ For Raspberry

valdir silva

Aug 12, 2023, 7:12:00 AM8/12/23
to vernemq-users
Good morning,

Is there any version of vernemq for raspberry?

I couldn't find anything related to ARM architecture in the documentation.

Thank you very much in advance.

André Fatton

Aug 12, 2023, 8:02:35 AM8/12/23
to vernemq-users
Hi,
you don't have to use a special branch to compile VerneMQ for Raspberry Pi, as was the case before. With release 1.13.0, the main branch should compile on ARM64.
The 1.13.0 Docker image works for both CPU architectures, the the .deb/.rpm packages are currently x86-64. If there's interest we can start looking into building ARM64-based .deb/.rpm's too.
(Those packages are usable under a subscription, fyi).

So, in short, your best approach here is probably to compile from the 'main' branch, or 1.13.0 tag. (I recommend Erlang OTP 25 to doo this)
I'll take a note to add some info on ARM to the docs.

I hope this helps,
Kind regards,
André

valdir silva