Kafka Connector

Anirudh Chhangani

Sep 11, 2020, 2:08:31 PM9/11/20
to vernemq-users
Hi all, are there any known kafka plugins/connectors for vernemq.

André Fatton

Sep 13, 2020, 10:25:22 AM9/13/20
to vernemq-users
Hi Ani,
working on official Kafka integration, without ETA. Some user have their own home-grown components, some do integration to Kafka over MQTT connectors.
Regards,
André

Cristian Andreola

Oct 16, 2020, 3:57:49 AM10/16/20
to vernemq-users
Hi all,

for my personal use I have started this one for the moment:
Thanks and Regards,

Cristian

André Fatton

Oct 16, 2020, 4:08:35 AM10/16/20
to vernemq-users
Hi Cristian,

great to see ;) and it might even fit more cases than just your personal use!
Normally, plugins do not require you to re-compile VerneMQ. I haven't reviewed your code though, so you might have reasons. Just saying, because the README seems to suggest the need to recompile Verne.

Best,
André

Cristian Andreola

Oct 16, 2020, 12:05:50 PM10/16/20
to vernemq-users
Hi André,

I really hope someone can make user of the plugin :-)
The reason I've decided to recompile Verne was that wanted I user brod (https://github.com/klarna/brod) which come as an additional external OTP application which needs to be loaded before the plugin starts.
Worth to mention I am not very experienced in the Erlang and OTP and maybe this is not the right way to do it.
At least I have seen it works well in my test setup.
Thanks a lot,

Cristian