VSP Update

plumb....@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2012, 9:15:13 AM3/28/12
to VSP Email List, pa...@paulwinn.com
It is impressive the number of movies and videos that have come out about population growth just in the past year. I just received notice of this three minute one from Paul Winn who lives in Australia. I think it is quite powerful.

Paul is interested in feedback so if you have comments please email him directly at pa...@paulwinn.com

Wouldn’t it be neat if someone would do a video about population growth in Vermont? I was in Burlington last week for John Seager’s talk and at the same time I went down Shelburne Rd. to look at an EV at the Mitsubishi dealer. I couldn’t believe the massive apartment buildings that are there now that could almost look like some of the scenes in Paul’s video. And the traffic-wow. Is this really what we want the rest of Vermont to look and be like? And of course we have so much other development like the huge ski areas that are now on the sides of what were once lovely mountains. Any ideas for doing our own video?

George
True sustainability will only be achieved with population stabilization.
www.vspop.org
http://groups.google.com/group/vermonters-for-sustainable-population

TOM MCKENNA

Mar 28, 2012, 11:18:41 AM3/28/12
to vermonters-for-sus...@googlegroups.com
Good idea, George. A movie could be put on DVD for showing at meetings, donated to schools and other groups, and sold for profit to pay for the ones given away.

Tom