GPI bill passes

plumb....@gmail.com

May 9, 2012, 10:50:55 AM5/9/12
to VSP Email List, Bill Ryerson, Katie Elmore, Mark Powell
Sorry to have so many emails lately but this is I think very important.

The Genuine Progress Indicator replaces Gross Domestic Product which of course depends in part on population growth. So this is good for our cause as long as people make this connection also which they generally don’t do.

VPS was the first state organization to endorse this change a few years ago and fortunately more powerful organizations like VNRC, Gund Institute,  and the Sierra Club took up the cause.

There is an announcement of the bill passage on vtdigger today and I have posted a comment about the movie “Hooked on Growth.”
The movie also shows Bill Ryerson and Katie Elmore for the Population Media Center.
If you have a minute please go to the site and post your comment.

You can just go to www.vtdigger.org and scroll down to the article or go directly to

Thanks,

George
True sustainability will only be achieved with population stabilization.
www.vspop.org
http://groups.google.com/group/vermonters-for-sustainable-population