VSP Update

1 view

plumb....@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2012, 11:01:46 AM3/17/12
to VSP Email List
There are wide ranges of projections about what size a sustainable population size would be. This is probably the lowest. An interesting view.

However, it certainly matches what today’s PMC email says about the human species overshoot or our carrying capacity:
Craig Dilworth sent me the following essay of his, titled "Overpopulation and the Vicious Circle Principle". The essay summarizes the treatment that population growth in receives in Mr. Dilworth's book, Too Smart for Our Own Good. You can read a several short reviews on the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Too-Smart-our-Own-Good/dp/052176436X

Please remember that if you do a reply it goes to everyone on the list. If you want to reply just to me you have to type in my email,

Almost time to plant seeds outdoors? Unbelievable!
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:41 PM
Subject: New SKIL Video

Dear George,

SKIL's big project is to build a series of short videos which help the common person understand, "humankind has got itself out on a limb that can not support it." The limb is slowly breaking. We either drastically reduce our population or suffer a die-off and reduction of wellbeing.

A rapid population decline (RPD), implemented through a very low number of annual births globally, provides a small chance of saving civilization from collapse. Therefore SKIL focuses on building a global grassroots constituency that will implement RPD through changing existing culture and civil law..

This newsletter features the first 5 stories (11mins), in SKIL's
                           "Too Many People" video series:
                   (to see video click here) (Distribute freely)

Warm regards,
Jack        www.skil.org

Report: Last year there were over 40 meetings, dinners, and conference presentations. More are planned for this year. If you would like to host a SKIL dinner for your friends or an event for a group reply to this email.

Major funding has come from the Kuehlthau Family Foundation, The Population Media Center, Dan Smith, with major time and financial commitment from people like you. If you wish to make a tax deductible donation (click here.) Who else, besides SKIL, is focused on the future.

George
True sustainability will only be achieved with population stabilization.
www.vspop.org
http://groups.google.com/group/vermonters-for-sustainable-population