VSP Update

plumb....@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2012, 3:05:36 PM10/15/12
to VSP Email List

As I am sure you all know the Dalai Lame spoke at Middlebury College last weekend.
If you were not there what you might not know is that in the Q&A a question was asked about climate change and in his response he also said that over population is a problem.  I find it really amazing that this old spiritual leader from the far East, of all people, has the wisdom and the courage to address this issue when most U.S. and Vermont environmental leaders and politicians will not!

This is not the first time he has talked about this. In the movie, Ten Questions for the Dalai Lame, he also mentions it.

A major emphasis of his talk was that we need to have a dialogue and have compassion for others if we are to solve the Earth’s many problems. How true. Let’s hope our leaders will now engage in more of a dialogue instead of just assuming they are correct on every issue.

Watch the videos at:

His Holiness the Dalai Lama - Educating the Heart
on Climate Change
HHDL Cultivating, Hope, Wisdom and Compassion 10/13/12