VSP Update

plumb....@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2012, 3:36:56 PM1/11/12
to VSP Email List
Happy New Year Vermont Populationists!

We are off to a good start with an interesting development.
There is a new national environmental funding organization called Endow-Bio, Inc. All they do is receive money from donors and then distribute it out to organizations that help to preserve land, habitat, and rare species management though education and other means. Dealing with population growth is one of their main efforts. They select five organizations and then after the year is over they distribute 85% of what they have raised to the organizations based on how people have voted. The other 15% goes into a trust fund to build up their assets. Really unique.

What you do is make a donation, then they give you an identify number, and then sometime during the year you portion out what percentage of 100 points you want to go to each organization. You can give as little as one dollar to be able to vote. The five organizations they have selected this year are:
Center for Biological Diversity
Mississippi Valley Conservancy
Vermonters For A Sustainable Population
Conservation Fisheries
Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness

What an honor for out little all volunteer organization to be among this group! I suspect that most of the points will go to the Center for Biological Diversity because they are a large national organization. They are also the only national environmental organization  that puts a big and bold emphasis on population such as with their save a species condoms which Lisa and I distributed a couple of years ago at the Burlington Farmer’s Market.

Interestingly they learned about us from the Population Media Center web site.

I hope that you will go to www.endow-bio.org and make a donation!

I have already made a donation and voted for 100% of the final funds raised, which won’t be until January 2013, to go to VSP.

The best to you all,
George
True sustainability will only be achieved with population stabilization.
www.vspop.org
http://groups.google.com/group/vermonters-for-sustainable-population

Sonia Plumb

Jan 11, 2012, 4:14:50 PM1/11/12
to vermonters-for-sus...@googlegroups.com
Great news! Your efforts are getting noticed.

Sonia Plumb

Jan 12, 2012, 8:45:55 AM1/12/12
to vermonters-for-sus...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sonia, I really appreciate it.