VSP Update

plumb....@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2012, 1:42:14 PM7/31/12
to VSP Email List
Well, World Population Awareness Day/Month is over. It seems like there was a little more awareness made this year as in a great series of articles from the LA Times. They highlight the extent of a problem that is certain to destabilize the human world by mid-century. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/population/la-fg-population-matters1-20120722-html,0,7213271.htmlstory http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/population/la-fg-population-matters2-20120724-html,0,982753.htmlstory

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-population-matters3-20120726-html,0,1376287.htmlstory http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/population/la-fg-population-matters4-20120727-html,0,4128486.htmlstory

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/population/la-fg-population-matters5-20120729-html,0,5897961.htmlstory

On a more personal note to Vermonters there will be a showing of the movie, Ten Questions for the Dalai Lama, on Tuesday, August 7th, at 6:15 at the Washington UU Church. In the movie the Dalai Lama says a few words about over population. He is the only internationally recognized spiritual leader that I know of, besides Thic Nhat Hahn, who says we have a population problem. Prior to the movie there will be a thirty minute meditation in our sacred circle on a knoll with beautiful views at our home. I invite you all to come. For the full details go to www.washingtonvtuu.org

Please remember that we are an all volunteer organization and we need your support and involvement in order to make any progress. Everyone on the list can post to this email, you just need my approval which I almost certainly will do. Just send it to:

vermonters-for-sus...@googlegroups.com

George
“Without memory, our existence would be barren and opaque,
like a prison cell into which no light penetrates; like a tomb which rejects the living.
If anything can, it is memory that will save humanity.”
Elie Wiesel, Noble Prize Laureate and Holocaust survivor