VSP story on Wall of Fame

da...@growthbusters.com

Jun 29, 2013, 1:20:18 PM6/29/13
to vermonters-for-sus...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to you Vermonters for your recent celebration and for getting unusually decent coverage of the event in the Burlington Free Press. Thought you'd like to know we have posted the story to the Wall of Fame on our new website (which you'll also be excited about).

Growth Bias Busted is a new media watchdog website brought to you by Citizen-Powered Media, creators of the documentary GrowthBusters: Hooked on Growth.  The website, which just launched, will encourage accurate reporting and commentary on the issues of growth in population, economies, consumption, and cities.  News stories and commentary with a pro-growth slant will be highlighted on the “Wall of Shame” and balanced reporting will be featured on the “Wall of Fame.”

The “Truth Squad” behind Growth Bias Busted combs the news media for examples of pro-growth bias, and hoping to find more insightful stories as well.  Users are also prompted to vote for, comment on, and submit their own articles. As the project fully develops, it will serve as a resource for journalists, providing links and referrals to the experts and sources of information they should be exploring when reporting on population and economic growth.

We’ve recently launched, but there is already plenty of interesting content on the site. You can read our full news release here.

I invite you to participate, subscribe to the two walls, vote, comment, and nominate examples you find in the media.

Keep up the great work! Wish we had similar groups doing what you're doing in all 50 states.

Dave Gardner
Producer of the Documentary,
GrowthBusters: Hooked on Growth
How do we become a sustainable civilization?

Check out our new initiative: Growth Bias Busted
Rate our non-profit at Great Nonprofits

Follow the Film / Join the movement at