eButterfly releases update

1 view

Kent McFarland

Mar 16, 2021, 3:17:07 PM3/16/21
to VTL...@list.uvm.edu, Vermont-Entomo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Butterfly Watchers,
We’re excited to announce some great improvements and new tools for eButterfly (https://www.e-butterfly.org) that we just released, with even more on the way. Our team has worked hard all winter to improve how the communications center operates, adding additional languages, upgrading the checklist submission process, improving the user experience for viewing checklists, updates that increase the performance of eButterfly, and many minor bug fixes.

Every time butterfly watchers raise binoculars and cameras to record a butterfly sighting, they collect important data. Recording the number, date, and location of each and every butterfly, no matter how common or rare, may seem trivial, even repetitive— but this detailed information can be invaluable to science and conservation. Butterflies act as early warning signals for habitat degradation, climate change, and other ecological forces. Citizen science programs like eButterfly allow volunteers to submit checklists from anywhere, and can quickly amass large volumes of both historic and current observations.

eButterfly is the tool for any butterfly enthusiast. You don’t have to be an expert to make a difference. Everyone can play a part, and it couldn’t be easier. Just login to eButterfly and contribute your butterfly discoveries!

Spring is coming and so are the butterflies!

Kent

Kent McFarland (he/him)
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055