Fwd: Vermont Entomological Society (VES) upcoming events; 5/25 and 6/1

Kent McFarland

May 28, 2024, 11:35:39 AMMay 28
to Vermont-Entomo...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Micahel Sabourin <mot...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, May 22, 2024 at 5:13 PM
Subject: Vermont Entomological Society (VES) upcoming events; 5/25 and 6/1
To: Micahel Sabourin <mot...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Laurie DiCesare <natur...@myfairpoint.net>, Deb Kiel <dki...@hotmail.com>, Debra Kiel <vtli...@hotmail.com>, burnha...@gmail.com <burnha...@gmail.com>, Melissa Williams <melissawi...@gmail.com>

Below are some upcoming events - one is this weekend(Saturday) at Greenberg Headwaters Park in Bennington. Rarely do we get to that part of Southern VT - I hope a few folks can join us.

Also as has been a tradition we will have a table at the Adamant Blackfly Festival - join us or stop by - for a fun time. -
https://www.adamantcoop.org/blackfly-festival

May 25, 2024 (11 a.m.)
Bennington. Greenberg Headwaters Park, explore trails in a semi-urban area with a decent variety of habitats, including views of wetlands and a bridge over the Walloomsac River; meet at Beech St. ballfield entrance, 319 Beech St.; contact: Michael Sabourin (802) 595-0484(c)

June 1, 2024 (11 a.m.)
Adamant: Blackfly Festival. Join us with a display table at an annual free, fun, friendly, family event; contact: Michael Sabourin (802) 595-0484(c)

save the date:
June 22, 2024 (10 a.m.)
Northfield: Burnham’s Ciloholca property. Meet at I-89 Exit 5 commuter parking lot. Explore a family camp with pond and hopefully discover some Showy Lady Slippers; contact Doug or Mary Burnham: burnha...@gmail.com, (802) 229- 9578. rain date June 23.

Can anyone chip in and help me answer some questions recently presented to me by a middle school student:

What degrees do you need to be a professional entomologist?

What things do entomologists do on a regular workday?

What things can a middle schooler do to learn about entomology?

Thank you,

Michael Sabourin
VES President