Work session for Nielson frozen collection

Alan Graham

Mar 8, 2017, 4:08:45 PM3/8/17
to vermont-entomo...@googlegroups.com

Dear VES Members,

At the annual meeting last Sunday I indicated that Andrei Saurakov at the McGuire Center in Florida has offered to take Gordon Nielson’s frozen insect collection. These samples are stored in petri dishes at the Berlin lab of the Vermont Agency of Agriculture (near the airport). They have been removed from the freezer and air dried.

To prepare the collection for shipping I am asking for volunteer help me prepare the specimens for shipment. This will involve layering a piece of tissue paper in each dish to protect the insects and placing a new rubber band to secure the lid. There are several hundred dishes.  Since I live an hour away from my lab, I am suggesting that we work a couple evenings.

If you wish to help, please send me your email address.  I will send out a doodle pole using your email address to look for best dates for everyone.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Alan

alan.c...@gmail.com

Here are  possible dates (4 pm to 7 pm) to get together to work:

Thursday, March 9

Friday, March 10

Wednesday, March 15

Thursday, March 16

Friday, March 17

Wednesday, March 22

Thursday, March 23

Wednesday, March 29

Micahel Sabourin

Mar 12, 2017, 11:36:16 PM3/12/17
to vermont-entomo...@googlegroups.com
Alan,

I expect to help you with this - wrapping up Gordon's collection / 3/22, 23, 29 - looking more favorable right now

Best,

Michael

--

---