Hostname on AWS Linux instances

martinl...@gmail.com

May 23, 2021, 11:32:58 PM5/23/21
to velociraptor-discuss
We are using Velociraptor with our AWS test network and have a module that queries the Velociraptor server waiting for our instances to appear in the clients list, based on the 'fqdn' attribute of the client data. With Windows instances it uses the hostname as per the OS which is what we want. With Linux instances we are getting the AWS  Private DNS entry like this: -<ip_address>.ap-southeast-2.compute.internal. We'd prefer to use the value as per the OS hostname, do you have any idea why we are getting the AWS value rather than the OS value? Does it maybe use a DNS lookup instead of using the OS hostname and if so can that be disabled?

Thanks,
Martin.