Velociraptor Contributor Contest - Deadline is Monday

Carlos Canto

Sep 19, 2021, 11:09:05 AM9/19/21
to Carlos Canto
Hello Velociraptor Community,

For those of you who may not know me yet, I'm Carlos Canto, the brand new Community Engagement Manager for Velociraptor.  You can read my introductory post on our blog here.  Feel free to drop a note in the comments section to say hi.

We've been working on some great things including the 0.6.1 release of Velociraptor as well as presenting at some cool conferences, but first and foremost I wanted to remind you all of the Velociraptor Contributor Contest which is wrapping up the submission process.  You can find all the details of the contest here, but here are the highlights:

This competition encourages development of useful content and extension to the Velociraptor platform. Content may be VQL (server or client), plugin, integration, workflow or other capabilities.  Some specific ideas:
  1. Impactful process/integration - How does your contribution help in making real world DFIR work smoother and more efficient? Describe how you used to do this task previously and how it has been improved as a result of your contribution.
  2. Detection artifacts - Each submission may contain several VQL artifacts - how do the artifacts improve Velociraptor’s detection capability? Can you include metrics of how effective they are compared to previous technology?
  3. Monitoring artifacts/plugins - This category includes real time monitoring queries to enhance Velociraptor’s endpoint monitoring capability.

Deadline for submission is Midnight 20th September 2021 anywhere on earth. The email address for submission is: con...@velociraptor.app
Winners will be announced at the SANS Threat Hunting Summit October 7-8, 2021.

Prizes
The competition carries 3 prize levels, first prize is $5,000 USD, Second prize is $3,000 USD and third prize is $2,000 USD. All winners will also receive a Velociraptor contributor coin, commemorating them as a valued member of the Velociraptor Community.

Winning submissions will also be published on the Velociraptor web site and significant contributions will receive some cool Velociraptor merchandise.

Requirements
The submitted content should work with the latest Velociraptor release. If your content requires new functionality, work with us to implement it in time for the submission deadline.  A submission must include new functionality in the form of VQL artifacts, Velociraptor plugins or new Velociraptor code/integration. Submissions should also include a short document or video explaining the contribution and its value to the wider DFIR community.

Don't delay! There's only about a day to go to get your submissions in.  Email con...@velociraptor.app with any questions or to submit your entry.

Keep digging!

CARLOS CANTO

Community Engagement Manager

email: carlos...@rapid7.com
twitter: @velocidex

Rapid7
RAPID7.COM

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: At Rapid7, the privacy of our customers, partners, and employees is paramount. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your inbox right away. Learn how Rapid7 handles privacy at rapid7.com/privacy-policy. To opt-out of Rapid7 marketing emails, please click here or email pri...@rapid7.com.

Carlos Canto

Sep 20, 2021, 8:52:31 AM9/20/21
to Carlos Canto
There's still time to submit your entry to the Velociraptor Contributor Contest.  We'll be accepting submissions through the end of tonight.  Read below for all the details.

Don't miss out.  You could win as much as $5,000 USD!!

Keep digging,
Carlos