Inquiries on Velociraptor License

Shambalamba

Nov 23, 2022, 2:51:10 AM11/23/22
to velociraptor-discuss

Dear Velociraptor developers,

I believe what I got from your license page is that anyone can freely use your tool in business or personal projects if we abide to certain rules you listed below. However, I was concerned with the word – “non-commercial” -- you stated, so I am writing this email to confirm with you whether or not I can use Velociraptor in business to collect information from victim computers?

Thank you and I wish you all a wonderful week!

Cheers,
Sharon

Mike Cohen

Nov 23, 2022, 6:25:59 AM11/23/22
to Shambalamba, velociraptor-discuss
The license is here https://github.com/Velocidex/velociraptor/blob/master/LICENSE

There is no restriction on commercial vs non commercial use. We have lots of people who use it to provide commercial services.

Also I am not a Lawyer so this is not legal advice :-).

Thanks
Mike

Mike Cohen
Digital Paleontologist,
Velocidex Enterprises
mi...@velocidex.com

Shambalamba

Nov 24, 2022, 4:24:44 AM11/24/22
to velociraptor-discuss
Thanks a lot for the information Mike!
Keep up the good work, I'm a big fan of this tool~

Cheers,
Sharon