Security lab with terraform deploying Velociraptor: PurpleCloud

Jason Ostrom

Sep 27, 2022, 9:03:09 PM9/27/22
to velocirapt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I just released a new version of an Azure terraform security lab that automatically deploys Velociraptor.  It's called PurpleCloud and I wanted to share it with Velociraptor user community.  It's a python script that generates terraform for a Velociraptor server + endpoint configuration.  It uses terraform to generate the internal PKI that velociraptor needs, loading all of the self-signed certificates on the ubuntu velociraptor linux server and windows 10 pro endpoints.  It's built for Azure.  Auto-build as many AD users, Windows 10 Pro endpoints, domain joined, with users logged in with their domain creds running velociraptor for realistic adversary simulations.  It's implemented with Velociraptor 6.5.2.  I had issues a few weeks ago with the 0.6.6 RC candidate with the internal PKI so switched back to 6.5.2.

Here it is:

Here is the usage for the lab creating Velociraptor deployment:

It's a nice tool if you want to simulate Velociraptor in a realistic Active Directory environment with AD users, windows 10 endpoints running Velociraptor.

Huge fan of Velociraptor!  Feel free to fork, clone, or re-use in other projects as a template.  It's MIT license and 100% permissive to re-use.

Jason

Mike Cohen

Sep 28, 2022, 2:51:56 AM9/28/22
to Jason Ostrom, velocirapt...@googlegroups.com
This is very cool!

I think we should add a part to our website that references all the projects that integrate or make use of Velociraptor is some way

Thanks
Mike

Mike Cohen
Digital Paleontologist,