A year after being banned, Lora DiCarlo returns to CES with new sex toys

Dolf Needs One For His Ass

Jan 6, 2020, 4:50:02 AM1/6/20
It’s amazing what can happen in just one year. After being
banned from the Consumer Electronics Show last year, sex tech
startup Lora DiCarlo is debuting two new sex toys on the show
floor. Even more, both of these new products, Baci and Onda,
have received an CES Honoree Innovation award.

All three of Lora DiCarlo’s devices use microrobotics technology
to mimic human touch. While Osé is designed to help produce a
blended orgasm, Onda is specific to the G-spot and Baci is
specific to the clitoris.

These awards are thanks to a full 180 for the Consumer
Technology Association, the organizers of CES. In July, CTA
announced its plans to allow sex tech startups to participate
and compete for awards as part of the health and wellness
category on a one-year trial bias. That came after the CTA
royally messed up with sex tech company Lora DiCarlo last year.
The CTA revoked an innovation award from the company, which is
developing a hands-free device that uses biomimicry and robotics
to help women achieve a blended orgasm by simultaneously
stimulating the G-spot and the clitoris. In May, CTA re-awarded
the company and apologized.

As Lora DiCarlo founder Lora Haddock previously told me at TC
Disrupt 2019, that snub did the company a big favor in terms of
company awareness. Late last year, Lora DiCarlo started pre-
sales for its first product, Osé. Already, the company has
generated $3 million in revenue, with $1.5 million generated in
just the first 36 hours of launch.

“Following last year’s incident having the Innovation Award
rescinded and reinstated for Osé, we became change agents,
initiating a critical public conversation about gender equity
and creating a safer and more inclusive environment for all CES
attendees,” Lora DiCarlo founder Lora Haddock said in a
statement. “After learning more about our products and our
mission, people have come to realize that sexual wellness is an
important part of overall well-being. This year, we are at CES
to continue to reshape how people think about sex tech. It’s not
about the technology. It’s not about the orgasm. It’s about how
tech-enhanced experiences can lead to a greater sense of
wellness, including improved sleep, reduced stress, and better
mood.”

My colleague Brian Heater will catch up with Haddock this week
at CES to hear more, so be on the lookout for that.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/01/05/a-year-after-being-banned-lora-
dicarlo-returns-to-ces-with-new-sex-toys/