How's Everyone Doing?!

Dave Shishkoff

Mar 30, 2010, 1:09:33 PM3/30/10
to Vegan Power Cycling List
Hey y'all! How has the training been going? Starting to get warmed up for
summer (at least for those of us on this side of the equator)?

Anyone got any new wattage PB's?

None for me, although very close numerous times...

I've taken to posting the full summary data that WKO+ spits out on my blog -
if anyone's curious:

http://cycling.davenoisy.com

I just create a Google Doc, and paste the text into it....takes 10 seconds.
(And much cleaner than posting it on the blog itself!)

Check out my Performance Management Chart after my week of mutilation:

http://twitpic.com/1bvu4y

Back up to -21 TSB today...haha..and still feeling it....

Let us know what you've been up to, that's what the list is for. =)

*d*

Catherine Johnson

Mar 30, 2010, 1:14:11 PM3/30/10
to vegan...@googlegroups.com
:)  Good!  Training with Colby.  Having fun, working hard, improving, doing good.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to veganpower+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

charlie gerlt

Mar 30, 2010, 2:39:28 PM3/30/10
to vegan...@googlegroups.com
I am springing into shape, spent the winter on the trainer and plowing around Marin county.
Hellyer race season started Saturday, I am still a rookie though so it'll be a while before I step up - just putting 100% into it till I am ready.
Saving my coins for a nice new track bike with srm cranks(hopefully)
but alas the taxman gauged me so it may be a while before I can contribute to the charts.

Dave Shishkoff

Mar 30, 2010, 2:45:21 PM3/30/10
to vegan...@googlegroups.com
That's great! I'm so jealous, still locked out of the track
here...gaaaah...

Got any track frames in mind? I presume Josh has been enjoying his Felt
TK1. =)

I absolutely *love* my Ridley Noah (road bike) -- this is one frame that
desperately needs to be adapted to the track.....it would be the ultimate,
imo..

*d*

charlie gerlt

Mar 30, 2010, 2:58:48 PM3/30/10
to vegan...@googlegroups.com
There's a wagon red Hunter with immaculate tig welding that I wanna bring home, or a carbon Giant, erm, new Bianchis are pretty good too.
Tough decisions.
What's up with the BS around the track not being safe?  Seems like the BMX course likely sees consistant injuries rather than the drome?
Some kind of shady land grab business?
What's the commute like to Burnaby?
Takes me an hour with good traffic here.

Catherine Johnson

Mar 30, 2010, 3:32:22 PM3/30/10
to vegan...@googlegroups.com
There seem to be a good number of vegan track racers.

mister...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2010, 4:54:26 PM3/30/10
to vegan...@googlegroups.com

Alex Tellez

Mar 31, 2010, 12:20:59 AM3/31/10
to VeganPower
Hey everyone.
Things have been okay, I've been doing so many intervals I forgot what
it's like to simply 'ride my bike'. Those V02 max intervals suck to
holy hell and back. It's like do 30 seconds at 380 watts, then 30
seconds at 280 watts, repeat that straight for 10 minutes, no rest.
Barf, Barf, and Barf. Done puking? K. good. Do it again [of course by
now, I'm at muscular failure].

News: Thinking about buying a track bike. Uncle Sam's tax return was
good to me. Thinking...Cervelo T3, SRM cranks and Mavic Wheels? Oh
wait, first I need to know what the hell I'm doing and if I'll be good
at the track. =) Whoops.

Wanna see pro numbers? If you go to Mapei.com and sign up you can see
the watts that Ivan Basso puts out on a daily basis, his climbs, his
race SRM data and his interval data. Safe to say, just looking at them
makes me tired already.

Ivan Basso's 20 minute power: 410
[that's STUPID watts!]
Damiano Cunego 20 minute power: 380 watts [over 7 times strength /
weight!] <-- that italian dude is my favorite rider.