Hi Vegan Power Tap Users!

Cat

Jan 30, 2010, 12:43:46 PM1/30/10
to VeganPower
Hey Guys!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Boulder, CO. I am 32.
I don't have any numbers to share, right now. I am recovering a bit
from a long racing season that included road/ mtn/ track/ and cx. I
am a Cat 1 Mtn. Biker, a Cat 2 on the Track and in CX, and a Cat 3 on
the Road. Usually my easy zones are around 130- 160 easy, 160-190
mid, and 190-230 hard. Something like that. I have forgotten the
exact numbers.

I am not actually training with my power tap for another few weeks, I
think. Katie Compton is going to be my coach, and she is super-busy
with her international cx racing season, currently. If she doesn't
end up coaching me, most likely Cari Higgins or Alison Powers will.

I am a total bike geek, and love geeking out on people's numbers. It
does help motivate me. There's a book on training with power which I
am interested in reading. I hear your numbers are very relevant on
weight. I never weigh myself, so I don't know what my weight is.
Somewhere around 120. I try not to care, and eat my vegetables...
ironically. :)

I am off for a 2 hour ride or so, soon. I am trying to get in base
miles, just riding pretty easy, mostly. My weeks have been very busy
with school and work, recently, but I expect to be doing some
training/ riding during the weeks in the near future. I am in an
Expert (top level) track class at our local track. (which is very
small and steep.)

Dave Shishkoff

Jan 30, 2010, 11:49:14 PM1/30/10
to vegan...@googlegroups.com
Heya Cat - thanks for the introduction! (I've known Cat for a while now,
through OrganicAthlete.)

Sounds like you're in good company for coaches..keep us posted on what
you're up to!

And if you can dig up your past wattage peaks, do fire them over to the list
and we'll get ya into the table! =)

- Dave