Copy domains from old 0.9.1 to new 0.13.2

Bob.T.Builder

Aug 22, 2016, 3:54:17 PM8/22/16
to VegaDNS
Hi,

What I have here is an old installation v0.9.1  with some 200 domains entered. I installed 0.13.2 on a completely new server. Can I just copy (export/import) the database from this old server to the new one?

If that will not work, what can I use to quickly transfer all of the domains to v 0.13.2.

Import via AXFR does not work, as on the server where vegadns is running I am not allowed to install djbdns. I am just using update .sh on a separate server to get the records from vegadns server, which works great.

Regards,
Bob

Bill Shupp

Aug 23, 2016, 12:23:52 PM8/23/16
to veg...@googlegroups.com
Bob,

Just take a look at the UPGRADE file.  You should be able to do a mysql dump from your old database, import it into your new installation's database, then run any alters mentioned in the UPGRADE file.

Cheers,

Bill

Message has been deleted

Bob.T.Builder

Aug 23, 2016, 5:32:49 PM8/23/16
to VegaDNS
Thank you very much! I did not see that file. I got it working now! :)