Patch for Split Horizon

Randy Ridley

Dec 24, 2015, 1:27:20 AM12/24/15
to VegaDNS
Bill,

Sorry for the sloppy coding. I'm not a coder and this is a hack.

I've been using this patch for about 2 years on v0.12

This allows split horizon on TinyDNS and works satisfactorily for my purposes, but there are some things that need work. I would love to have the help of a real programmer on this.

Things that work:

1) Displaying, Adding, Editing, Deleting locations.
2) Adding, Editing, Deleting location information on individual records.
3) get_data dynamically pulls location information and formats at the head of the data file.
4) This patch is against v0.13.2

Things that are lame:

1) If no locations are present in database, initial display is broken.
2) search is broken in locations Display.
3) No support for default records.
4) No automatic upgrade/conversion from earlier database.

Hopefully someone can run with this start. I've taken it about as far as my skill will let me.

Randy
vegadns-0.13.2-splithorizon.patch

Bill Shupp

Dec 26, 2015, 8:56:32 PM12/26/15
to veg...@googlegroups.com
Randy,

Thanks very much for submitting this!  I've taken a cursory look at the patch, and I committed it to a new branch called "new_location" without modification (though I did leave out src/locations.php.old).  I'll try and make time to take a closer look  this week to see where it's at and get back to you.

Cheers,

Bill Shupp