VegaDNS-0.12.1 - update-data.sh

Ismail Paruk

Apr 4, 2014, 7:39:58 PM4/4/14
to veg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When trying to run the update-data.sh manually script I get the error below:-

ERROR: wget did not return 0 when accessing http://URL/index.php?state=get_data

Looking into the logs I find this:-

(mod_fastcgi.c.2699) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function errorInfo() on a non-object in DIR_PATH/src/data.php on line 31

Even testing it via the browser I get a blank page.
This shows ups as a 500 Internal Server Error

Please advise

Ismail

Bill Shupp

Apr 4, 2014, 10:07:26 PM4/4/14
to veg...@googlegroups.com
errorInfo() is part of PDO.  It sounds like you may not have the right pdo extensions.  Make sure your php install has:

PDO
pdo_mysql

Installed (php -m to get a list).  Also verify that your DB connection is correct.

Cheers,

Bill

Ismail Paruk

Apr 5, 2014, 1:34:55 AM4/5/14
to veg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Bill.
DB connection does work - I can get to the URL and add domains, change defaults and the MySQL DB does show the entries.

Results of php -m confirm pdo_mysql is installed:-

[PHP Modules]
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_sqlite

Regards,

Ismail

Bill Shupp

Apr 5, 2014, 9:34:11 PM4/5/14
to veg...@googlegroups.com
The query on line 30 is failing.  There is a bug that the errorInfo() method is being called on $stmt, which is false since the query failed.  Can you change line 31 to this:

$stmt = $pdo->query($q) or die(print_r($pdo->errorInfo()));

So that the $pdo object is used for the errorInfo() call. That should indicate what the error in the query is.

Ismail Paruk

Apr 6, 2014, 2:01:23 AM4/6/14
to veg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

When I initially installed VegaDNS I found version 0.9 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/vegadns/
Due to php-5.3 errors I then installed version 0.12
I however did not do the SQL & SRV MySQL updates -- ran both those files and worked 1st time :)

Thanks for the help - apologies from my side!

Ismail

Bill Shupp

Apr 11, 2014, 2:26:47 PM4/11/14
to veg...@googlegroups.com
Glad you got it working, and no worries, as you found a legitimate bug in the logging of DB errors.

Cheers,

Bill