Save the date: 31 January 2022, 16.45

chris.collister

Jan 21, 2022, 11:53:33 AM1/21/22
to VEEQ central

A virtual meeting is planned for 31 January at 16:45 to discuss the complex and important issue of family protection and the transfer of personal wealth (patrimoine privée) in the event of death. This is aimed mainly at non-French members as it is assumed that our French members are quite familiar with French law.

 Two experts, including an English speaker, from Allianz will be on hand to present the issues associated with French law and the consequences of a death (to which, like taxes, we are all subject), namely:

·        The protection of the surviving spouse

·        The cost of transferring your “biens

Also to be discussed will be recent changes to the law and how this applies to "British style" wills.

Finishing with a question and answer session, the meeting is expected to last about one hour. The experts from Allianz will be presenting the facts as knowledgeable consultants and will not be “pushing” their products!

Since it will not be possible to record the meeting, it will be advisable to take notes!

Please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to take part to give us an idea of numbers. Two days before the meeting you will receive a link that will allow easy access to the meeting. The Webex platform is similar to Zoom, which I know many of you have used to stay in touch with family and work colleagues.

Please reply directly to

chris.c...@gmail.com and/or to rosalind...@gmail.com