About loading sample list when server start

Juan Sebastian Faccio

Jul 2, 2015, 10:19:20 AM7/2/15
to veejay-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!

Been trying to load more than one sample when open VeeJay, but I weren't able.

Tried this way:

      veejay video1.avi video2.avi video3.avi

The result is that VeeJay only open the first video. I've got all my vids on a sample list that I've stored from Reloaded, but until now, I couldn't open it by typing on the terminal.

Is there any way to open a sample list or a bunch of files that I can select from Pure Data without using Reloaded? sayVIMS will be accepted also.

It's for an installation, I want to make an auto-load script, there's no sense to open Reloaded for that.

Thanks a lot!
Juan

Charles Goyard

Jul 2, 2015, 10:31:27 AM7/2/15
to veejay-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> Been trying to load more than one sample when open VeeJay, but I
> weren't able.
>
> Tried this way:
>
> _ veejay video1.avi video2.avi video3.avi_

Maybe this :

-g/--clip-as-sample Load every video clip as a new sample

?

Cheers,
--
Charlot

Niels Elburg

Jul 2, 2015, 10:53:21 AM7/2/15
to veejay-discussion
Hey,

What is the reason of the other videos not loading ?  You can send us the output of veejay -v -n video*avi > /tmp/logfile.txt

Its probably a bug!

See you
Niels

--
Charlot

Juan Sebastian Faccio

Jul 2, 2015, 11:06:04 AM7/2/15
to veejay-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Thanks Charles, that did the trick!

Don't know why other vids are not loading, log file is attached. I'm using an old version on this notebook, perhaps it's something that you've fixed already.

The videos are being loaded, when the first one is finished, start playing the second and so on, but it doesn't appear like a sample list that I can choose samples using sayVIMS, Pure Data, or by pressing F1, F2 to select them.

Nevertheless, Charles hit it, thanks a lot!
Juan
log.txt

Niels Elburg

Jul 2, 2015, 12:00:51 PM7/2/15
to veejay-discussion
Excellent!

In the newer versions of veejay you can also do --scene-detection 2  or -S 3, then the video files from the commandline will be analyzed for scene scenes and it creates samples from that