The garbo archive...

Gene Buckle

Jul 2, 2014, 4:23:27 PM7/2/14
to vde_e...@googlegroups.com
The Garbo archive is listed as being no longer available.  Before it went down for good, I took a snapshot of the DOS section and that can be found here:

http://www.retroarchive.org/garbo/pc/index.html

If someone could update the link on the "Other DOS sites" link (https://sites.google.com/site/vdeeditor/Home/other-dos-sites), that would be great.

tnx!

g.

dmccunney

Jul 3, 2014, 8:14:24 PM7/3/14
to VDE_Editor
On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Gene Buckle <ge...@deltasoft.com> wrote:

> The Garbo archive is listed as being no longer available.

Correct. Professor Timo Salmi who was the Garbo maintainer retired,
and the workstation on which Garbo resided failed and will not be
replaced.

> Before it went down for good, I took a snapshot of the DOS section and that
> can be found here:
>
> http://www.retroarchive.org/garbo/pc/index.html

Oh, splendid! thank you!

> If someone could update the link on the "Other DOS sites" link
> (https://sites.google.com/site/vdeeditor/Home/other-dos-sites), that would
> be great.

That would be me, since I created the site. Done!

> tnx!

You're quite welcome.

> g.
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519

geneb

Jul 3, 2014, 8:23:37 PM7/3/14
to VDE_Editor
On Thu, 3 Jul 2014, dmccunney wrote:

>> If someone could update the link on the "Other DOS sites" link
>> (https://sites.google.com/site/vdeeditor/Home/other-dos-sites), that would
>> be great.
>
> That would be me, since I created the site. Done!

I still use VDO on my H-89 & Royal AlphaTronic. :)

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.