VDE/Android/DOSBOX Turbo

Gary Welles

Nov 1, 2014, 6:12:18 PM11/1/14
to VDE
Mike Sanders reports success with VDE on an Android tablet:

On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 17:31:50 -0400, Michael Sanders <chrom...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> A quick test of VDE v195 worked as expected on my 7" Android tablet
> using 'DOSBOX Turbo':
>
> <https://sites.google.com/site/dosboxturbo/>

-- Gary

dmccunney

Nov 2, 2014, 10:01:11 AM11/2/14
to VDE_Editor
I've been playing with aDOSBOX under Android, and have used it to
successfully run things like DOS ports of VMS Empire and Unix Larn.
The issue trying to run VDE is that DOSBOX isn't recognizing
Control-key combos on my external keyboard. A chap on the WordStar
list reported successfully getting WS7 working under aDOSBOX, but it
required modifying the keymap.conf file DOSBOX uses, and *doing* that
on Android is a challenge. It lives in a system directory, and you
have to be rooted to diddle it directly.

I'm aware of DOSBOX Turbo, but haven't been sufficiently motivated to
buy it. If it does correctly work with external keyboards and passes
Control-key combos to applications, it becomes more interesting.

> -- Gary
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519