Difference between vcr_setup.rb and vcr_config.rb?

ideler...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2014, 8:54:57 AM9/10/14
to vcr-...@googlegroups.com
The Getting Started page says to create a file vcr_setup.rb, but in other situations I see vcr_config.rb being used to configure VCR.

Does it make a difference which is used? I'm guessing not as long as your test suite is able to run the configuration (by requiring the correct file).

So I should even be able to put the config code directly in my spec_helper.rb file (if I'm using RSpec), and not have to create a new file, right?

Myron Marston

Sep 10, 2014, 10:50:42 AM9/10/14
to vcr-...@googlegroups.com

It doesn't matter where the code goes, as long as it gets loaded in your test environment.  So yes, you can put it in `spec_helper.rb` if that's you're preference.