problem when building vault

Marian Ion

Feb 5, 2019, 4:48:13 AM2/5/19
to Vault
Hello,

I am trying to build vault and I am stumbling when running make dev on a Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 18.04) :

==> Checking that build is using go version >= 1.11...
==> Using go version 1.11.5...
==> Removing old directory...
==> Building...
flag provided but not defined: -gcflags
Usage: gox [options] [packages]

  Gox cross-compiles Go applications in parallel.

What do do?

Kind regards,

Michel Vocks

Feb 5, 2019, 5:12:11 AM2/5/19
to Vault
Hi Marian,

it seems like you have an old version of gox already installed on your system which is used to cross-compile the vault binary.
Please try to run this task first (e.g. `make bootstrap`) and then try it again.

I hope this helps you to solve your problem.

Cheers,
Michel

Evgeniq Grigorova

Jan 16, 2020, 8:34:30 AM1/16/20
to Vault
Hello,

I have the same problem. I have already ran 'make bootstrap', but again I get this:

==> Checking that build is using go version >= 1.12.7...
==> Using go version 1.13.6...

==> Removing old directory...
==> Building...
flag provided but not defined: -gcflags