newsletter #25~~

Trina Chou

May 16, 2021, 4:22:08 PM5/16/21
to vassar...@googlegroups.com
hello ASA friends!

this is officially my *second-to-last* newsletter of the year because we're slowly coming up on the end! which means we only have 2 more GBs! come join us in celebrating our last two GBs with the rest of your ASA friends.

and speaking of emails, this is a nice time to announce that next year's ASA Secretary is.... Sophia Kim! we have no doubt that she will make wonderful contributions to ASA EB next year. the secretary run-off ended up being really close! in addition to the first round of voting (which ended up in a tie), the second run-off ALSO ended up being a tie! so it came down to a vote by just EB. either way, thank you to everyone who ended up running!! all of the passion for ASA will definitely be seen next year :)

😆A reminder of what's happening with ASA this week:

1. 📣GB #25 is happening tomorrow from 7-8EST over zoom! we'll be having our third (and final) game night featuring games like Jackbox (typical) and Photo Roulette (not so typical!) plus maybe some others. we can't wait to see everyone there!

2. 👏thank you to everyone for coming to support us at Day Mart last weekend! with your help, we made over $200 which will be donated to Stop AAPI Hate

3. 👑as of right now, we currently still have the President and Treasurer positions open for next year! so if you're still interested in a position, fill out this form for President and this form for Treasurer! now's your chance to be on next year's EB so gogogooggogogogo!

4. 🎁mark you calendars for the new EB's first event: our end of year picnic will take place on sunday from 1-3, and the theme is cottagecore / nostalgia!! also at the picnic will be the leftover ramen, pocky, and other snacks from day mart :) if you're interested in performing, or nominating someone to perform at the picnic, then fill out this form!

and that's all from me! jeez man i can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. can't wait to see everyone tomorrow! for today's cat meme, i present to you an image of me thinking about the nice weather and summertime

~ Trina 😺
sun cat.jpeg