newsletter #19~~

Trina Chou

Mar 28, 2021, 1:47:14 PM3/28/21
to vassar...@googlegroups.com
hi ASA friends!!

happy spring break week! only two more days of classes before we reach our little break. so please take those several days off to do nothing and relax!!

😆A reminder of what's happening with ASA this week:

1. 📣GB #19 is happening tomorrow from 7-8EST over zoom! come join us for a fun game night to destress with some friends before break assignments are due!

2. 🎶 plugging the music form as usual!

3. 🚨calling all first years! stay tuned for an exciting series of events geared towards YOU coming at the end of April, courtesy of your first year reps (more details to come!)

😯And some other fun things ~
  • 🎙Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health's Advocates for Asian American Health (AAAH) presents a two-part event that focuses on mental health in the Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) community.
    • The first event on Friday, 4/2 from 2:30-4:00 PM EDT, Perspectives on Asian American Mental Health, features Dr. Stanley Sue, a prominent researcher in the field of Asian American mental health and culturally competent care, and Dr. Linh An and Jennifer Wu, two leaders of a NY community organization called Chinese American Family Alliance for Mental Health (CAFAMH).
    • The second event on Friday, 4/9, at 2:30-4:00 PM EDTMental Health Workshop, features special guest Jezz Chung who will help you build a mental health toolkit that aims to “keep you motivated, sustain productivity, nurture relationships, de-escalate stress, and keep your immune system active.”
    • We hope you can join us in these spaces of healing, learning, and action as we inform our entire community ways to grow emotional resilience and strategies to dismantle the misconceptions and violence against AAPI members embedded within US history.
once again, that's all! take care of yourselves :) but if you ever need anything, let us know!!

Warmly
~Trina 😺

break cat.jpeg

AAAH2_Workshop.png