[cs250] prog2

Sean McCoy

Apr 23, 2015, 3:03:22 PM4/23/15
to John McCarthy, vassar-cmpu-250-spring-2015
Hi Jay,

Here's program 2.

And here's another video that demonstrates how everything works (arguably more interesting than the report): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGjcm9to6WU

Thanks,
Sean
prog2.zip
prog2 essay.pdf

Laura Barreto

Apr 23, 2015, 4:19:34 PM4/23/15
to John McCarthy, vassar-cmpu-250-spring-2015
Here's my hw! I worked on simulating the approximation of pi using monte carlo technique!
CS250_Program2.zip

jame...@vassar.edu

Apr 26, 2015, 4:12:21 PM4/26/15
to vassar-cmpu-2...@googlegroups.com, jay.mc...@gmail.com
I liked this project because it's interesting to see monte carlo applied to a problem that we see in an algorithms class. I'm also surprised at how well NN worked considering the complexity of the problem.

isc...@vassar.edu

May 12, 2015, 1:25:52 PM5/12/15
to vassar-cmpu-2...@googlegroups.com, jay.mc...@gmail.com
Wow cool stuff!
I really liked that you not only has a couple of algorithms to show and compare, but that you also arranged the points differently so that we can see how they behave in different settings. I especially liked seeing the nearest neighbor algorithm in the rectangle plot and in the circle plot. It was cool to see it choose the points with the biggest gap in between then as the start and end points.

Sorry feed back is kinda late, but I'm glad I explored your project cause its really cool!

:) Great work