3/9 class

Jay McCarthy

Mar 9, 2015, 1:07:50 AM3/9/15
to vassar-cmpu-250-spring-2015
Since I will definitely be in on Thursday, I thought it might be most
productive for Thursday to be the introduction to the topic of linear
programming and then I'd do a separate code-focused presentation,
rather than do the code side in class and the intro/theory side
virtually.

Do you think that would be good?

On the other hand, I feel like we might need less of an introduction,
because I think most of you have taken linear. I was thinking instead
about sending out a little tutorial my friend made:

http://jeremykun.com/tag/linear-programming/ (1st post should be read 2nd)

and then spend the majority of the time talking about novel
applications, particularly in planning and operations research, and
then also in related problems like ILP and constraint programming
generally. (Possibly focusing on branch & bound/cut.)

Any opinions on this plan?

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy
http://jeapostrophe.github.io

"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing,
for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.
And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
- D&C 64:33

Jay McCarthy

Mar 14, 2015, 4:24:56 PM3/14/15
to vassar-cmpu-250-spring-2015