Two Upcoming October Events

pjch...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2015, 11:47:30 PM10/3/15
to Van-Kal Permaculture
Thanks to all who attended the Southern Mich. Perma-Mixer last weekend at the Gibbs House in Kalamazoo, what a fantastic gathering! I posted some pictures here. The workshop at Lillie House on Sunday was also top-notch, though attendance could've been better—it's pretty rare to have someone of Peter Bane's caliber doing an intimate day-long session like that for so cheap. Hopefully if he offers something similar in the future we can pack the house!

As the growing season winds down and we're heading into autumn I wanted to highlight two events:

1) The second-to-last set (for 2015) of free monthly Forest Garden tours at my forest garden in Lawton and at Lillie House in Kzoo, Sunday Oct. 11., contact Mike or I for details...one place will have theirs in the AM and the other garden will have theirs in the afternoon. Topic is Forest Gardening Basics. Last month neither tour happened because nobody showed up, which was unfortunate, because there were more flowers/fruits/etc. to see in September than in October, but the colors of the leaves are starting to change, so this tour may still be scenic in that regard.

2) Property Tour / Workday / Potluck at EarthSmith Food & Forest Productshttp://www.vankalpermaculture.org/event/earthsmith-farm-tour-and-potluck/ in Dowling, Sunday Oct. 18th from 1pm (if you want to join the work party) or 4pm (tour starts), with a potluck at 5:30. I know I've been wanting to get out and see Clayton and Colette's farm-scale permaculture / agroforestry project for the last few years but still haven't made it, so I'm looking very forward to this. More info here: http://www.vankalpermaculture.org/event/earthsmith-farm-tour-and-potluck/ , and there's a Facebook event page here if you want to RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/846245938825957/

Happy harvests, I hope to see you at an event soon!
PJ

Sam Ewbank

Oct 6, 2015, 12:40:09 PM10/6/15
to vankal-pe...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for posting PJ!

Would like to encourage people to bring apples and cider presses to the EarthSmith event at Clayton and Colette's place on the 18th.  We will be doing pressing and cider making!