South Haven Lunch and Learn March 2

Van-Kal Permaculture Moderator

Feb 24, 2024, 11:12:53 AMFeb 24
to Van-Kal Permaculture
Greetings all,
I apologize that our e-mail list has gone quiet over the last few years, for better or worse our Facebook group seems to host the bulk of the conversations, but I know a lot of us have gotten away from social media, and with good reason, but this list is still here and I would be glad to see it getting more use again. Anyway, we do have an event coming up next Saturday, I will share the details below:

Address: 984 68th St. South Haven, MI 49090
Time: 11am - 3pm

From the organizer, Celinda:
I would love some advice and suggestions. I’m happy to share scions/cuttings of everything we currently grow. ( Quince, apples, asian and bartlett pears, chestnuts, serviceberry, mulberry, black walnut, locust, (old) cherry and peaches, paw paw, gooseberry, grapes, black raspberry, red raspberry, thornless blackberries and more. I didn’t plant any of it so its been like trying to drink from a firehose. The more research I do, the more excited about permaculture I get!

Come join us for lunch, fellowship and a site evaluation of our 34 acre property in South Haven. We are so excited to meet like minded individuals in our area. From permaculture gurus to complete novices, everyone is welcome 🙂

I'm thinking something easy for lunch. A choice of either Minestrone or Pasta Fagioli soup, rolls and cookies for dessert. We should be able to eat inside but might congregate in the carriage house if more than 15 people show up.

Dress in layers and bring boots*. We have a few low spots and there is standing water by the pond. Would you be so kind as to RSVP by text if you plan on attending? I want to make sure I have enough food for lunch 😋 269.210.5100

*For the sake of biosecurity, If you have farm animals, please don't wear the boots you wear to care for them. We also have boot covers if you prefer*