migrating from db to redis

Jonathan Schatz

Jan 27, 2015, 4:50:32 PM1/27/15
to vanit...@googlegroups.com
i'm curious if there's an easy way to migrate data from a database (postgres in this case) to redis? i looked through the docs and didn't see anything, has anyone done this before?

thanks,

-jon

phillbaker

Jan 28, 2015, 11:15:44 AM1/28/15
to vanit...@googlegroups.com
Jon, that's a good question. I haven't done this myself, but I would think you could do this in the console. Off the top of my head, something like:

sql_playground = Vanity::Playground.new
sql_palyground.establish_connection(redis_params)

redis_playground
= Vanity::Playground.new
redis_palyground.establish_connection(redis_params)

And then maybe copy the experiments, metrics, participants and conversions from one to the other?

I might be able to play more with this tonight, but if you figure it out, please let us know!