Rails 3.1 support?

MattSencenbaugh

Aug 9, 2011, 5:40:39 PM8/9/11
to vanity-talk
Just out of curiosity what kind of support is there for rails 3.1 (or
rails 3.x for that matter).

I'm trying to do a basic installation with rails 3.1 rc5 right now and
keep getting the error "Could not find generator vanity"; however
going through the docs it seems that most of it is geared towards 2.3.
Are there any 3.0 and higher docs?

Muchira .

Aug 10, 2011, 1:50:24 PM8/10/11
to vanit...@googlegroups.com

From my experience, vanity didn't work out as a viable solution on Rails 3. My main problem was block handling. I also couldn't get the dashboard working.

MattSencenbaugh

Aug 10, 2011, 1:56:06 PM8/10/11
to vanity-talk
Well I've made some progress... If I pull directly from github instead
of the rubygems file I can use the vanity generator. Now I'm running
into "no experiment" NameErrors when trying to render views even
though they are defined. Still not up and running though

On Aug 10, 10:50 am, "Muchira ." <much...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From my experience, vanity didn't work out as a viable solution on Rails 3.
> My main problem was block handling. I also couldn't get the dashboard
> working.
>
> On Aug 9, 2011 5:40 PM, "MattSencenbaugh" <matt.sencenba...@gmail.com>

Aakash Dharmadhikari

Nov 7, 2011, 5:48:06 AM11/7/11
to vanit...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am still facing the same issue. Has anyone found a workaround to make vanity work with rails 3.1?

Thanks,
Aakash Dharmadhikari
http://rubymonk.com/