Looking for RC for Natioanls!

Mike Deady

Aug 4, 2022, 2:11:04 PM8/4/22
to San Francisco Vanguard 15 Fleet
Hey everyone,

We are still looking for a couple more volunteers for race committee at nationals--ideally folks familiar with driving whalers and picking up and setting marks. The course will be pretty easy (think like a Thursday night) and all the marks will be in fairly shallow water.

Volunteering will also get you access to the dinner Saturday night at BVBC.

If you or anyone you know is interested, please reach out to me directly.

Thanks,
Mike

Ian McClelland

Aug 4, 2022, 2:34:28 PM8/4/22
to Mike Deady, San Francisco Vanguard 15 Fleet, Jason Hodes, Michael Fischer
I got John Super, Peter Cool and Amy, added to the team for OTW efforts.  They supported the last Nationals and are awesome.  Jason Hobes from Panama,  entering UCB (MechE) this fall, should be on a mark set boat (likely with Super so they can trade war stories).  Be nice to him.   I also got CPRO Mike Fisher from the SF Model YC to help with on-shore support (Flags/Scoring),  We know we have Larry as my Deputy RO (youcan't get much better than him) and I am sure there are a few others out there with variable skills .   I think there could be a need for shore support to help get dolly's out of the way and not block things.

I am very pleased with the experience level here as I know all of these folks so far.   I don't know how many boats we will have available but in addition to a signal boat, I would like a pin boat, and in an ideal world, a RIB at weather and another at leeward.   I can dream, can't I?

AND YES, like Thur nights, but longer LW legs, getting close to the channel.  My goal is 20 min races with a 30 min break after 4.   I am working to better define the break period in the SIs - no sailor left behind.  My biggest challenge on these breaks is coralling everyone back onto the course. Note the V15 Fleet champs in Inverness last year - Come on, man.     So, I plan to be more rigorous with the Onshore AP flag.  See RRS and SIs

Lookin' forward to a fun event. You guys make it that way and I'm jazzed to support it.

Go fast, have fun.

Ian