Visiting from Denmark

Tor Vestergaard

Jan 18, 2015, 8:46:10 PM1/18/15
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey there, I'm a student currently attending a three month course from January to April at the Center for Digital Media, under SFU.

There are no meetups in or near Denmark that I can regularly attend, but now that I'm here and able, I would love to attend a meetup. It would be my first, since I've mostly been a long-term lurker on LW and related sites, without anything important to post or any physical means of joining in on the fun.

Nothing appears to be scheduled on the calendar currently, though I gather it's not being used so much. When is the next thing planned, if anything is planned right now, and would I be able to attend?

Either way, cheers from Denmark!

Tor

Dee Stewart

Jan 18, 2015, 9:46:32 PM1/18/15
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tor!
Welcome to Vancouver!! :)
We normally hold regular meetups Sundays at 3pm til about 6pm or whenever people want to leave - locations variable - usually at Kitsilano Community Centre, or at Benny's Bagels.

Check out the facebook group- which is where the events are normally posted... I keep forgetting to post them up on here. I'll start doing that from now on :P :)

Cheers!
Dee

--

---

Tor Vestergaard

Jan 24, 2015, 4:38:24 AM1/24/15
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delayed reply - been a tad busy, and I thought the email notifications were enabled. Decided I'd check in here again and lo and behold, a reply had been posted on the same day!

Well, I'll be here for a while anyway. I applied to join the Facebook group, and hopefully I'll see you guys around at some point!

Cheers!