Visiting Vancouver Oct 26-Nov 2

Philip Lin

Oct 11, 2014, 7:28:46 PM10/11/14
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm a LW DC meetup regular, going to be in town visiting a friend between Oct 26-Nov 2. We have some plans but possibly not enough for the full week, including a Halloween party and the Critical Hit Show.

If there's a LW meetup that week, that'd be neat, and I'm also interested in visiting museums or hiking/scenic areas, which she's not interested in as far as I'm aware. Updates pending as I get them.

I'll be staying at the Sandman Surrey-Guildford, for transportation purposes.

Andrew McKnight

Oct 12, 2014, 11:49:59 PM10/12/14
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
We should definitely meet. Our meetup is usually on Sunday around 2pm but we mainly only announce them on Facebook these days. Even if we don't have a meetup I'd be happy to meet for coffee or drinks or hiking.

--

---

Philip Lin

Oct 13, 2014, 11:31:12 PM10/13/14
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I can't make 2pm on either Sunday, and I also don't have a Facebook account... We'll figure something out though.

Philip Lin

Oct 21, 2014, 6:57:41 PM10/21/14
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
Current schedule is looking like Monday and Tuesday are when I'll be most free, but other times could possibly be arranged. When are you (or other people) available?

Andrew McKnight

Oct 22, 2014, 6:11:29 PM10/22/14
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
On evening Tuesday I'm going to a cryobiology talk by a friend of mine at the Railway Club. Otherwise I'm free, at the moment. You can join me at the talk if that kind of thing interests you or we can meet any other time (or both).

Philip Lin

Andrew McKnight

Oct 23, 2014, 8:30:03 PM10/23/14
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
Random science fans who like to get a couple beers. It's generally a good crowd, in my opinion.

Philip Lin

Oct 24, 2014, 6:37:34 PM10/24/14
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great to me. What time is the event and how do I get there? The place I'm staying is a good hour's walk away from King George station, and I get lost extremely easily... Is there any way I could get a lift to there and back? (I'll ask the friend I'm visiting, as well.)

Andrew McKnight

Oct 25, 2014, 6:39:20 PM10/25/14
to vancouver-r...@googlegroups.com
The place is called the Railway Club and is on the corner of Seymour and Dunsmuir. I will be coming straight from UBC and so can't meet you beforehand, unfortunately.