Schelling Point Organizing

Dee Stewart

Jul 7, 2015, 1:46:11 PM7/7/15
to Vancouver Rationalists Google Group
Hello Strangers!

With my recent injuries - I find myself with a lot of free-time now because dancing has more or less been cut out for the next few weeks, at least, until I heal.

So I will take up the mantle again of organizing.
I'm willing to set up organizing the Schelling Point again - however I work Sundays currently and don't get off work until 5 pm.

I'm good with scheduling it and not being there and then meeting people for dinner or drinks or something after.

However that means that someone will need to take up the responsibility of being there and doing the on-the-go organizing while I'm not there. Is there someone who would feel up to that? Or multiple someones so that we can have fallbacks if one can't make it?

I was also thinking that we could start a secondary Schelling Point, or change the Schelling Point all together.

I personally like the idea of multiple Schelling Points, so that people can meet even if their schedules don't always match up.

Thoughts, peoples?

-Dee

(P.S. I've posted this in the facebook group as well, don't forget to join us there if you haven't already, most of the organizing is done there - https://www.facebook.com/groups/VanLWmeetup/ )