City of Vancouver's legacy open data catalogue to be retired February 24

1 view

OpenData - Vancouver

Feb 18, 2020, 2:11:57 PM2/18/20
to vancouv...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

As you may know, we launched a new Open Data Portal in August 2019. The address is:

https://opendata.vancouver.ca

See portal news page at https://opendata.vancouver.ca/pages/portal-news/ or help page at https://opendata.vancouver.ca/pages/help/ for more details on new features and what’s different from legacy catalogue.

In order to focus our resources on improving the content of the new portal, we will be retiring the old catalogue which we have maintained in parallel.

What is being retired and when?

Effective February 24, 2020:

·         The catalogue and pages at data.vancouver.ca/datacatalogue will not be available

·         Data files on file servers will no longer be maintained, and will be removed at a future date to be determined

What should you do?

·         Change any links or bookmarks that refer to data.vancouver.ca. Instead refer to opendata.vancouver.ca

·         If you have applications that connect directly to data files on the file servers (i.e., connection strings that start with ftp://webftp.vancouver.ca/opendata/ OR https://data.vancouver.ca/download/kml/ )

change these to connect to the new portal.  See APIs documentation at https://help.opendatasoft.com/en/apis/ to learn more about this new portal’s API (application programming interface) feature.

Question or comment? Contact us at https://opendata.vancouver.ca/pages/contact/

From the Open Data Team

Email: open...@vancouver.ca