Block Party '24

Sara Nichols

Jun 3, 2024, 9:25:20 AMJun 3
to van-buren-block-asso...@googlegroups.com, Van Buren Block Association
Good morning neighbors!
It is time to get our plans solidified!! Ms. Rhonda and I have already secured a DJ for the Block Party on 8/24. In addition, my family  has recently started a photobooth rental company and I will be donating our services as well.

We are exploring options for food. If you know anyone that can cater on a grill please share info with us. We need contributions in order to continue our Block Party tradition and maintain our reputation for having the BEST Block Parties in the neighborhood! It would be awesome to see more neighbors get involved with contributing activities or events/ resources for the day. We are also in desperate need of monetary donations as the Block Association bank account is extremely limited.

Let's all step up and come together. This is such a fantastic opportunity to spend time as a Van Buren Family!

Monetary donations can be given to Ms. Rhonda or myself in cash
or Venmo: @Sara-Savannah
Paypal: Rhonda's Bed and Breakfast

Happy June!

Sara Nichols

Jun 9, 2024, 3:41:03 PMJun 9
to Sara Nichols, 'Sara Nichols' via Van Buren Block Association Mailing List, Van Buren Block Association
Happy Sunday neighbors! This is a follow up to the last email regarding the block party scheduled for 8/24. Thank you to all that have donated thus far. When sending donations via Venmo or PayPal please include your house number in the memo.
EX: Sara 23

As mentioned before, we have secured and paid for permits. We have also locked in a DJ that offered us a very reasonable price. We are currently canvasiing for a grill master. Annually we provide enough food for 75-100 ppl at our block parties. Costs have gone up and we are hoping tgqt what we have saved on the DJ will help to offset some of this. However, we still need your help! Total costs for permits, dj and food total over $3000.00. There is very little cash in the block association account and Ms Rhonda and I can not carry this without your help.

We have an idea to do an online auction fundraiser this year.  We are hoping we can pool together resources and offer some amazing items. Ms Rhonda's daughter is a designer a d has already donated a beautiful custom made varsity jacket (photo to follow). I will be donating photobooth rental service for auction as well as for use at the Block Party. Please let us know what magical items you can offer. We know we have some incredibly talented and gifted folk on the block!

In addition to monetary donations and auction items please let us know if anyone can contribute games or activities. Block parties past were rich with bounce houses, inflatables, rock climbing walls ect. We still have many of the lawn game items Will has donated in the past and the air mattress/ rafts Ms Rhonda has donated  for the water activities.

We always come together in beautiful Van Buren Family style! Lets continie to do what we do and set asode a day to celebrate what a beautiful community of neighbors we are. Don't less this tradition fade away!

Can't wait to hear your ideas!
Sara and Rhonda

Van Buren Block Association

Jun 14, 2024, 5:03:18 AMJun 14
to Sara Nichols, 'Sara Nichols' via Van Buren Block Association Mailing List
Ms Sara is correct the bank account is at  635.43 available.

Thank you to all who have contributed all these years.

Ralph

Van Buren Block Association

Jun 14, 2024, 5:05:19 AMJun 14
to Sara Nichols, 'Sara Nichols' via Van Buren Block Association Mailing List
In addition those who want to make a continuing contribution can use this link

Ralph Yozzo

Jun 14, 2024, 5:19:19 AMJun 14
to Van Buren Block Association, Sara Nichols, 'Sara Nichols' via Van Buren Block Association Mailing List
Also on that day I can demonstrate and help anyone with setting up a home camera system and store video for free using a computer.

And also show how your apartment / property will be affected if this property tax change passes.

Schedule a time here to discuss https://calendly.com/tidalforce/30min

Ralph

Sara Nichols

Jun 14, 2024, 11:24:12 AMJun 14
to Van Buren Block Association, Ralph Yozzo, 'Sara Nichols' via Van Buren Block Association Mailing List
I love this Ralph- thank you so much! I am also looking forward to learning more about Solar Power for my home.

I have started to set up an online auction. I will alert everyone once it's live. This is such a great way to get to know our neighbors and share our many talents and resources. Our block is so rich with each.

donations so far include-
Photobooth service for a 2 hour event  x2
Original designs from a clothing designer that group up on the block (they're FIRE!)
and - tutoring sessions for SAT/ACT and College Essay Writing

Please let me know what else we can offer.

Ralph Yozzo

Jun 14, 2024, 1:08:59 PMJun 14
to Sara Nichols, Van Buren Block Association, 'Sara Nichols' via Van Buren Block Association Mailing List
Thanks Ms Sara!!!

Yes solar power we could talk about that too.

It actually lowers your property tax by thousands of dollars.

This is just a Crazy City we have to know all these little games.